9420 Reseda Boulevard
Northridge, CA 91324
22765 Hamburg, GERMANY
About This Publisher:
Los Angeles-based TokyoPop has established itself as one of the major publishers of English-language manga in the world. Besides licensing and translating Japanese manga and Korean manhwa, TokyoPop also publishes and promotes original English language manga by creators from the U.S. and Canada. TokyoPop also publishes manga in Germany.
TokyoPop's innovations in the manga market include their "100% Authentic Manga" line, which presented Japanese manga in its original right-to-left format, its Rising Stars of Manga talent search and standardized content rating system.
TokyoPop closed their North American publishing operations in June 2011, then resumed publishing manga in June 2012, albeit on a smaller scale with Right Stuf, a North American manga and anime distribution company.
Popular Current Titles:
Artwork Submission Policy:
TokyoPop does not currently accept submissions of original comics or prose.
- The Return of TokyoPop? AX Panel Explains Hetalia Plans and Beyond - July 2, 2012
- What Now, TokyoPop? Fate of Unfinished Series Revealed - May 24, 2011
- TokyoPop to Close Its U.S. Manga Publishing Offices - April 16, 2011
- Chibi Vampire, Battle Vixens Manga Artists at Sakura-Con - March 18, 2008
- TokyoPop: Read Fruits Basket Vol. 19 for Free on March 14 - March 12, 2008
- Voting Opens for TokyoPop's Rising Stars of Manga 8 - March 8, 2008
- Interview with Gothic & Lolita Bible Editors - March 1, 2008
- Friday in L.A.: Be an Extra in the Van Von Hunter Movie - February 26, 2008
- Win in Style With TokyoPop's Gothic & Lolita Giveaways - February 10, 2008
- TokyoPop: "What's Your Alice?" Contest - January 28, 2008
- Interview with Dramacon Creator Svetlana Chmakova - January 10, 2008
- TokyoPop, Verizon Announce New Mobile Manga, Anime - January 9, 2008
- TokyoPop To Release Gothic & Lolita Bible in U.S. - December 5, 2008
- TokyoPop Asks "Who's The Hottest Shojo Stud?" - October 11, 2007
- 6 Major Manga Trends to Watch in 2008 - August 1, 2007
- Friday at Comic-Con: Shonen Jump, TokyoPop, Eisners - July 27, 2007
- Is Manga Made in the U.S. Still Manga? - June 11, 2007
- Fruits Basket Tops Comics Bestsellers List - May 11, 2007