About This Magazine:
Founded in 2007, Otaku USA is a bi-monthly, full-color magazine that features articles, news, reviews and interviews about anime, manga, video games, toy collecting, J-Pop and J-Rock music, Asian film, TV shows and pop culture.
Fiercely independent and opinionated, Otaku USA prides itself on its uniquely American point of view on Japanese pop culture. Contributors include manga, anime, video game and Japanese pop culture authors, experts and bloggers including Patrick Macias, Jason Thompson, Ed Chavez, Shaenon Garrity and Joseph Luster.
Official Web Site:
Sovereign Homestead Media (US)
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Newstand price: $9.99 US / $11.99 CANADA
- Subscription price: $59.95 / 12 issues; $29.95 / 6 issues
- Subscribe online
Comics Series Featured:
Otaku USA regularly features full-length manga previews of new series from TokyoPop, CMX Manga, Go! Comi and Del Rey Manga.
- Aria by Kozue Amano (TokyoPop)
- A.I. Revolution by Go! Comi
- Venus in Love by Yuki Nakaji (CMX Manga)
Columns and Articles:
- Interviews with anime directors, creators and voice talent
- Interviews with manga artists and editors
- Features about anime, movies, TV shows and manga
- Anime reviews
- Manga reviews
- Video game reviews
- J-Pop and J-Rock articles and interviews
- Toy collecting articles
Subscription and newsstand copies of Otaku USA include DVDs that include anime episodes, game previews and movie trailers, and full-size full-color posters.