Anticipation ran high for the opening of the New People Center in San Francisco's Japantown. Why? Because word got out that the first 50 customers to spend $200 or more at the new Baby the Stars Shine Bright boutique would get an invitation to an exclusive tea party with the designers of this world-famous Japanese cute couture label. Lolita fashionistas in the know lined up early to snatch up the first 250 tickets to enter the building and by 10:00 am all of the tickets were gone.
Other Japanese fashion purveyors also have shops in New People Center, including modern Goth wear by Black Peace Now, hyper-cute and colorful Harajuku fashions from 6% Doki Doki and traditional Japanese tabis with a twist by Kyoto-based Sou Sou.
- Check out my scene report from the opening of New People and the J-Pop Summit Festival
- See all the fashion stores featured on the second floor of New People Center
- Visit the official Baby the Stars Shine Bright website
- Visit New People World, the official website of New People Center
- Check out the latest styles from Black Peace Now
- Get a taste of Harajuku style from 6% Doki Doki
- See how Sou Sou gives traditional Japanese style a modern twist
- See more about visiting San Francisco's Japantown