Pink Dot Waffles is located in the lower level arcades of Tokyo Tower, and offers treats such as green tea or strawberry waffles with ice cream, whipped cream and azuki beans.
At over 1,000 feet / 330 metres tall, Tokyo Tower is the tallest self-supporting steel structure in the world and the tallest artificial structure in Japan. Visitors to Tokyo Tower can either visit the main observatory level at the 150 meter level, or pay an additional fee to go to the higher observatory deck at 250 metres -- each level provides a dazzling, panoramic view of Tokyo. Meanwhile, at the lower levels, "Foot Town" offers restaurants, gift shops and museums to entertain visitors of all ages.
Tokyo Tower is a familiar landmark to most anime and manga fans, as it's where stories such as Please Save My Earth, Magic Knight Rayearth and X 1999 are set.
- Read more from my Day 1: Arrival and Tokyo Tower tour diary
- See About.com's Japan Travel guide to visiting Tokyo Tower
- Read more about Pop Japan Travel's Tours
- Visit the Pop Japan Travel website for more photos from past tours and info about upcoming events.
- See more photos from the 2008 Mind Over Manga Tour of Japan