One of the must-sees on any manga or anime fan's tour of Japan is the Ghibli Museum in suburban Mitaka, Tokyo. Surrounded by the lush forests of Inokashira Park, the Ghibli Museum is filled with charming displays and decor inspired by the films of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli, including My Neighbor Totoro (Tonari no Totoro) and the latest release, Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea(Gake no Ue no Ponyo)
Visitors to the Ghibli Museum are required to make appointments and purchase tickets for a timed entry prior to their visit. International visitors may purchase their tickets ahead of time through these authorized agents.
- See my report from Manga Tour Day 4: Ghibli Museum, Nakano Broadway and Shibuya
- Visit the official Ghibli Museum website
- Visit the official Studio Ghibli website (Japanese)
- Read more about Laputa: Castle in the Sky
- Read more about Pop Japan Travel's Mind Over Manga Tour
- Visit the Pop Japan Travel website for more info about upcoming tours